Thursday, July 30, 2009

He's Home!


Our family is finally all home together! We were so blessed to be able to go to the hospital this morning and pick up our sweet son. On Tuesday, Brady was moved to a different wing of the NICU, into a private "suite." It was a nesting room, meaning that we could spend the night there if we wanted. As much as I wanted to stay with Brady, I had just been released that day and didn't think staying on a couch was going to help my recovery any. He stayed there for 2 nights, and then we brought him home! In the hospital, they were feeding Brady formula, and I was pumping whatever I could. They would feed him what I could pump, but it wasn't much, so he got a lot of formula. Also, they didn't let me try actually nursing him until Tuesday, so he is used to a bottle. I won't give up easily, but he sure puts up a fight every time I nurse him! Richard has been a huge help in the process, so I am very grateful that he has some time off from work to help me get used to being a mom! It has been a very enlightening, and sometimes frustrating day, but I know it will only get better. Welcome home, Brady Mark! We love you!

3 comments:

DaNelle said...

Yes, it will get better! I know it's hard when a baby won't nurse. He sure is cute I love those chubby cheeks! Good luck!

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

YEAH! that is so great. I bet you are just relieved to have him with you. Dont get discouraged with the nursing... it will come! Call me when you have a free minute!

Dan and Louise said...

What a precious boy! The chubby cheeks - Wow - so cute!