Thursday, July 2, 2009

Off with June, bring on July!

Richard and I have both been working on projects this summer- Richard outside, and me definitely inside. Although, I have spent lots of time in the mornings outside walking or observing my amazing husband. He works so hard! He has been working on leveling out the driveway, digging down the dirt around a couple trees out front so that the irrigation can get to them, building new berms (sp?), keeping up with the pool, mowing the lawn, and most recently, leveling this patch of dirt so our new (to us) storage shed had a place to go. Honey, you're amazing!






Thanks to Richard's dad and Uncle Roger for their help in unloading the shed! It'll be nice to get some things into storage and create some space around here!

My projects: crafts, mostly. I decided to make a quilt for my new little one. Not exactly a baby quilt, but I love the colors and I love this pattern. I will post a picture of the finished project when it's... finished. If you didn't know this about me- I LOVE making quilts! Seriously, I find it so fun and frustrating, yet incredibly rewarding. It's a great way to spend time in the summers, out of the heat.

A friend of mine told me how to make these cute flowers for hair clips. Of course, I went immediately to get the supplies for them, and made A BUNCH. I sent most of them up to my sisters for their girls' hair, but these are what I kept for myself to wear in my hair. So cute!

1 comment:

melississippi said...

i like the crafting! i've been into knitting lately, but i've been thinking about learning to quilt, yours looks cute!