Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thanksgiving in Utah

Whoa! Have I been slacking or what? Every time I look at my blog to get to everyone else's blogs, I feel like such a slacker. So, let's catch up. For Thanksgiving, Richard and I went up to my sister Valora's house in Kaysville, UT. Tyler (little bro) also came up from BYU, and we had a great Thanksgiving meal, for which I prepared the gravy. Yes, I was very proud of myself. We had a great 4 or 5 days there, and were able to stay for the blessing of Marybelle Olson, my sister Marilla's new baby. Marilla and Valora live right around the corner from each other, but Marilla's in-laws were in town, so that's why we didn't do Thanksgiving with them. Anyway, it was so great to see them and also my brothers Tyler and Justin. I have actually seen them quite a few times this year, because of the wedding and then the funeral, but it's always so fun to hang out with the family. I wish we lived closer together. I also wish I had taken pictures while up there. I brought my camera, but I don't think it even made it out of the car. Sad, but true. My brothers-in-law were looking forward to playing basketball with Richard, (he talks big) and they went on Thanksgiving morning. It turns out my husband isn't all talk! Go team Heywood!

No comments: