Friday, December 26, 2008

Our first Christmas!

It's so hard to believe that Christmas has already come and gone. Yesterday was so nice- we just woke up whenever we wanted, had our quiet little Christmas morning, and then joined the Heywood family for the rest of the day. Richard and I read Luke 2 before we opened any gifts, just to help us keep in mind what we are actually celebrating. It was a nice little tradition to start- we'll see if we can keep that up when we have kids who are can't wait to start opening their gifts!





Here's what we found Christmas morning:
The big box on the right is a memory
foam mattress topper that Richard got us.
We slept on it last night... LOVE IT! It is so
comfy! Highly recommended!


Our stockings

The happy couple!




Richard's basketball! He's wanted one for a while!




AND ANNOUNCING......


We're having a baby! YAY!!!!!!! We are soooo excited! Right now it's about the size of a bean (that's what we call it, our little bean), but we are so excited for it to grow and finally come out to meet us sometime in July. The due date is July 31. So far, I have been feeling wonderful, not sick at all, so I'm hoping I can keep it up! What a blessing our new little addition will be for our family!

10 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

Congratulations!!! That is exciting news! I'm glad you enjoyed your first Christmas together! How fun!

Pristinely Sweet said...

holy cow im so so so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

So you just dropped this HUGE news in the middle of a post! You are such in big trouble. I am SO happy for you. I am glad that you are feeling great and I hope to hear from you soon!

Jenni said...

Congratulations! Such fun news. I'm very excited for you already! (And I was glad for a new post... I love that blogs can keep people in touch so much easier.. :)

Kristen said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!! Maybe it will come on the 24th - and Sasha and your baby would be one year apart!!!! CONGRATS!!

Heather Weir said...

I'm so excited for you! You guys are going to be great parents. Thanks for spending some of New Years Eve with us. It was way fun. We need to do this again. and not till next year either. Love ya and Congrats!

The Ray Family said...

Congrats Amber! Thats so exciting! There is nothing more exciting than having sweet kiddos! I hope you are still feeling well and that it continues. We will have kids close to the same age! Yay! :) I am due in Aug.

Amy G. said...

wahooo!!! tons of excitement is a comin' your way! congrats amber!

melississippi said...

so a very late congrats from me! i haven't been keeping up with my blog reading, but hope your pregnancy is going fabulous!

wjbrown said...

Congratulations