Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!

Can you believe this Arizona weather? It waits two extra months to cool down, and then we freeze! At least, I freeze! I love the rain, but I prefer it in the summer when it's warm rain. Cold and wet, anyone? No thank you! Anyway, I am grateful for the moisture. We definitely need it.
Some friends of ours (thanks Mark and Kristen!) gave us a gorgeous tree that we finally got time to decorate. We didn't have much to put on it, so I decided to make some ornaments. They turned out very cute, and we bought a package of glass balls and some ribbon. I think it turned out great. Here is an up-close view.
I love this time of year! All the lights and colors are so pretty, and I'm just in this crafty mood. It's so easy to just be busy at this time of year, but I love when things finally calm down and I can just look at the tree and think about the true meaning of Christmas.
This is what my kitchen table has looked like all month. Finally I finished some projects, so the ModPodge can be put away! Merry Christmas everybody!

6 comments:

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

YEAH! you finally updated your blog! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time in Utah. wish we could have seen you, but we had to meet the in-laws in IF. Your tree is beautiful...good job! And plus I would trade your rain for the snow! It snowed all day today. It is officially winter here. So what are your plans for Christmas? Sure love ya and hope to hear from you soon! PS did you get our Christmas card?

Karen said...

So what kinds of cute crafts have you been making?? do tell. . . I can totally relate to being a "blog-slacker". I am so worried about not missing anything that I won't post until I have time to catch up and then I just end up missing more!!! Vicious cycle. So therefore, I just don't post!! oh well.

Pristinely Sweet said...

cute tree im jealous i wish i could have made some cute ornaments i had to buy all mine!! Hope you and Richard have a great Christmas! it will be one to remember!!

Linda said...

You are so creative, Amber!! The tree looks gorgeous!! I would love to know what kind of ornaments you made. You inspire me.

Heather Weir said...

The tree looks great! Mine is only have way decorated. The bottom has to be left bare. You'll soon get to realize that! Lets get together this break. Just let me know and I can come on over! I want to see what you made as well.

Amber said...

FOr all who inquired: I made little wooden ornaments, which I painted and mod podged cute scrapbook paper to both sides, and then I finished them off with a bow, so it looks like little presents all over the tree. They turned out super cute. I'll put a picture next time (Christmas). Merry Christmas!