Saturday, September 22, 2012

On the Bright Side

After an incredible concert last night, Richard and I decided we better put together a list of the amazing opportunities we have had since being up here in Rexburg.  So, here it is, according to my memory:

The Drowsy Chaperone (a HILARIOUS musical)
The Mikado (also hilarious- just not all caps hilarious)
Bill Cosby live (awe. some.)
Alex Boye
The Piano Guys
Extravadance (a BYU-I thing, but amazing dances)
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square (last night- so great and inspiring)
Halloween Concerts each year (BYU-I Symphony does a themed concert every year for Halloween)
plus other great concerts
 
The thing is, although we are SO EXCITED to someday be done with school, some of the things we get to see here are opportunities we probably wouldn't have elsewhere, because as students we get to go for cheap.  The most expensive thing we have gone to was Bill Cosby, and that was only $15/ea.  It's amazing, and one of the things I am grateful for during our time here.  Up this semester: The Canadian Brass!  If you haven't heard of them, look them up.  They are pretty awesome, and world renowned.  I happen to have an amazing dad who raised us on music such as this, and yes, I called to brag a little first thing this morning.  The only issue is this- the concert is exactly 1 week after our little girl is due.  We'll buy tickets just in case...
 
We. Are. Blessed.

3 comments:

BarbaraJo said...

How fun! Sometimes I really miss Rexburg...until Winter hits. ha. You are so blessed to have a husband that will attending such events with you and enjoy them!!

Pristinely Sweet said...

I volunteer to watch her!!!!

Linda said...

I love that you are writing some of the amazing things about this stage in your lives. I'd love to see additional posts on the subject. You might even choose to include things you experience at those Lamoreaux family dinners... maybe.

Here's to you being able to attend the concert! Cooperate sweet little gal ~ either far enough before, or not until after. Please.