Friday, May 18, 2012

Woes


About a month ago, we though we had this little turkey all potty trained. (Except at night... not going there yet.)  3 weeks with ZERO accidents!  However, recently he has been wetting his pants ALL THE TIME.  We're not even talking about accidents at this point.  I realize that sometimes we're outside or something and he just can't get there in time.  But these are usually within feet of the bathroom after asking him over and over again if he needs to go.  It's starting to ruin my furniture.  And our budget, since we now do laundry more often.   I don't want to be the family with the stinky house! What do I do?  A friend of ours suggested cold showers when he wets his pants.  He hates that!  I have been doing it so we'll see what happens. 
While I'm on the subject of woes- I'm starting to feel just barely pregnant.  As in, maternity clothes aren't fitting yet, but neither are my other clothes fitting very well.  Hmph.  It doesn't help that they weren't fitting all that well before I got pregnant.  There was at least the hope back then that soon I would squeeze back into them, or more acurrately, wouldn't have to squeeze at all.  Oh well, at least I still have some GORGEOUS Mother's Day roses to admire.  Richard did well in that department.
OK, all done.  Back to being cheerful.  I cut out a quilt this week.  I will take picture as I go, but right now there's not much to take pics of.  It's going to be beautiful, though!
I forgot to ever post these pics that my sister Marilla took of my cuties.  She's so good, and they are stinkin' cute, aren't they?

2 comments:

Linda said...

Stinkin' cute is right!!! Hey, I just heard of someone using a timer ~ set for every ~~~however long he can typically hold it minus about 10 minutes ~~~ and when the alarm rings it is a must that he go in and "see what he can do". Some things I really don't miss about stinkin' cute, adorable, fun stages of childhood. But I sure do miss all the hugs, dancing, and laughs!!!

Valora Hintze said...

We tried cold showers until we found out that it is not good phsychologically for them. I would suggest "starting over" in a way. Just take the responsibility on you again to make sure that he goes every hour and then gets a reward if he does. Good luck. I don't want to be the stinky house family either! Love ya!