Thursday, December 9, 2010

Crazy Craft Time

I saw a similar purse on Make It and Love It, and decided to give it a try. The only addition I made was pockets on the inside, as I like to have a place for my phone, keys, etc. Love this! Suggestion: If you plan on trying this, I recommend a thin sweater. Mine was thick, and very hard to sew on, especially with my not-top-of-the-line machine.
This little beauty was taken from u-createcrafts.com, and since I already gave it away, I can finally post it! The pin is a separate entry on the same site. I plan on making a couple more (hopefully starting today) for myself.
I saw these stockings also on u-create. I didn't follow their instructions exactly, but they are very similar. I made 4, as soon our family will be 4 big, and I also have extra fabric for future additions to the family! I lined them with muslin, and they have adorable red courderoy on the back. Instead of quilt batting, I used felt (much cheaper if you don't need a whole quilt bat). These are probably my favorite craft so far this year. They turned out beautifully, even if the display isn't the best!

5 comments:

Marilla Olson said...

They are AWESOME stockings! Looks like a lot of work went into those. Great job! :) :)

Linda said...

Wow, Amber! Those are adorable stockings ~ and the scarf too.!!! I also love your new family pictures. I love how red Brady's face is in the last one...and the cute pink nose in the one you used for your header ~ I do say, I Love It!!!

Great photography, Marilla. Those Allen girls sure have talent!

Valora Hintze said...

Great pictures and darling crafts. That is funny about our backgrounds because I also picked the same fall background that you did but then changed it when I saw they were the same. I must say, we do have good taste!

M said...

Love the crafts! So very cute!

Juls said...

Super cute Amber!! You do such a great job! I need some more sewing skills! You can send anything my way :) It sure was fun seeing you!! Hopefully we can see you again this summer! Happy holidays!!