Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween for the Heywoods 2011

For Halloween, we went trick-or-treating just around our neighborhood. Brady enjoyed it much more than last year, and Benson was carried around by us, just snuggling the whole time. Brady was dressed as a dragon, and Benson a dog. I made Benson's costume. The whole time I was sewing that puppy I was flying by the seat of my pants. I did the ears twice, and at the last minute decided to whip up some poorly fitting slippers. Oh well, he didn't need to walk in them. It turned out pretty well, except the length- I was using an outfit that was a little too short for a pattern. I thought I had cut it longer than the outfit, but I guess not. Anyway, we had a great time. Whenever given a choice, Brady always chose a sucker. So, thankfully, we ended up with very little chocolate! (because we all know who ends up eating it...)

2 comments:

M said...

I think the puppy costume turned out super cute! You are so talented! And of course Brady looked cute too. :)

Linda said...

I loved their costumes ~ and there is nothing more adorable than a flying dog! I laughed at how constantly that puppy of yours flapped his arms! And what a fine young Dragon you have there!