Sunday, May 31, 2009

Two More Months!

OK- So I had no idea how big my belly is! I guess I don't see it from this angle very often. So, for those people who still haven't figured out that I am indeed pregnant- Hello! How can there be any doubt at all? Oh well, they can just think I had an amazing weight loss over the summer. So here I am at 7 months prego. The baby is due 2 months from today! It's crazy how fast it has gone. I am just hoping that the summer just moves right along. If anyone ever wants to join me in the pool for some swim time, just give me a call!
For Memorial Day, we had Richard's sisters Morgan and Kayla come over, as well as Tim and Shirell and their family. Plus, Uncle Curtis and Aunt Eleanor, Audra and Ron and their 3 kiddos. It was quite the group. We had some homemade lemonade, which unfortunately boiled all over into the stove. Just so you can see exactly what we were dealing with...










And lastly, my first attempt at canning chicken. Thanks to Richard for de-boning the chicken before I stuffed them in the jars. It was a messy job, but now we have a bunch of canned chicken, already seasoned and everything!

5 comments:

DaNelle said...

Wow, little miss homemaker! I want to learn how to can chicken. I'm so excited for you, you are a cute pregnant girl!

BarbaraJo said...

I would love to swim with you. We should live closer! I am about to bottle some meat and peaches. I would sure enjoy a canning companion.

Heather Weir said...

You look great! and I totally want to come swimming. Just as soon as Kathryn is done being a sick kid we'll for sure be over.
Canning meat huh. I tried doing ground beef but it tasted funny so maybe chicken would be better.

whey were you boiling lemonade. am I missing something...

we need to get together soon. kathryn GET WELL!! SO mommy can go out!

Amber said...

I boil the sugar and the lemon juice together before I add the water. Try it! One cup sugar to one cup juice. Then just add water as needed.

Morgan said...

Just be careful when you boil it because once it starts it doesn't stop!!! Sorry for the big mess...