Monday, September 22, 2008

Gilbert High School Orchestra Retreat

What an adventure! As many of you know, I have been teaching orchestra at Gilbert High School for over 4 years now. This year, I decided it was time to take my Symphony on a retreat. So, we went to Prescott, AZ and stayed in these big cabins, and had a great time. We rehearsed a lot, and I think my kids had a positive experience. Here are a few pictures of them in sectionals, rehearsals, etc. They played their instruments for probaby 5 hours each day, and I definitely wore them out, but they sure are sounding good! We also had other kinds of fun... I took them outside and we played human fuzball. It was hilarious! They loved that, as well, even though it was pretty hot, and we ended up stopping early. We will have to modify it a little, but I would like to do it again next year.


Overall, we had a great time. I am also adding some pictures of our talent show. These kids are hilarious! I love every one of them!
You can't see the one on the left very well, but it is four girls, the two in the back "invisible" and "helping" the girls in the front with their makeup.

1 comment:

Heather Weir said...

That looks like so much fun! Thats cool you get to travel with your kids. Does Richard get to come too? We should hang out sometime. Give me a call for a good time to come over.